Tu Chemnitz Iuz Learning Agreement

Erasmus students who wish to study English in Chemnitz on the basis of our Erasmus partnerships must complete a learning agreement at their home university in which they indicate the courses they wish to take. To this end, we publish a general “overview” of the types of courses and their general subjects (see below). Although the specific titles of each course may change during each semester, these changes do not pose a problem for arriving Erasmus students, as they are automatically covered by apprenticeship agreements. Arriving students must ensure that their level of English is appropriate for our courses, essentially the C1 level within the common European framework. As a general rule, our Erasmus partners must guarantee this level of English and remind students who arrive that the working language in the department is English, but that you need to acquire some survival German before coming to Germany. From July and February, detailed course descriptions are still available in the KoVo; You will find the link to the current version below: Please register for all courses you wish to take in our department from the respective course directors. You will usually find information about this in the detailed description of the course (see KoVo here). Before you decide to include courses in and enroll in your learning agreement, please take a look at the recommendations below and discuss your choices with your teachers at your home university. Our English department`s BA program covers linguistics, English/American literature and British/American cultural studies. You can take courses in each of these areas. All courses you wish to take must be included in your apprenticeship contract. This agreement must first be fulfilled and accepted/certified by your sending centre, then by our International Bureau (IUZ) and the department coordinator.

The IUZ will send you confirmation of the acceptance required to obtain a visa (if you need it). For more information or if you have any questions, please contact us (iuz@tu-chemnitz.de)! During the second semester, you define the courses for your studies abroad and complete the remaining organizational details. Other TU Chemnitz institutes and professors have also entered into student exchange agreements. Here you will find information on all of TU Chemnitz`s Erasmus partnerships. On a case-by-case basis, it is possible to apply for “non-specialized” ERASMUS places, but you should first consult your department coordinator and the IUZ. It should be noted that, as a general rule, priority is given to applications submitted by “specialized” students. If your application is successful at a “non-specialized” exchange location, you need confirmation from the host university that it accepts the allocation of “non-specialized” places. Prior to the start of the academic semester, intensive courses (EILC) are taught in the national language as part of the ERASMUS programme. These are smaller and less common languages (with the exception of German, English, French and Spanish) in higher education. Although an intensive course has not been organised to be able to take courses at the host university in the national language, it is of great help to be able to bring the country and its culture and its cultures closer together and better organize their daily life in the host country.